Teton School District After-School Programs and Request for Proposals
November 16, 2012
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
AFTER-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
Teton School District #401 and Teton Valley Education Foundation
Introduction: Teton School District and Teton Valley Education Foundation have jointly approved funding to be earmarked for afterschool enrichment programs for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Purpose:The purpose of this program is to support after school enrichment activities that promote hands-on learning along with academic information that supplements experiences in regular classroom work.
The Teton School District and Teton Valley Education Foundation will distribute funding over this academic year towards the most effective proposals for innovative after school enrichment programs that will make learning exciting for students in grades K through 8. Preference will be given to programs that focus on arts, culture, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education, though any programs may apply.
Eligibility: Any community members, groups, or organizations that have an interest in supporting the afterschool program purpose. Depending on interest and attendance, your proposal must provide adequate staff (minimum of two) to accommodate for the most effective school locations.
Any adults working with students must pass the State of Idaho background check procedures as outlined in Teton School District policies.
Your RFP must contain:
- Your name and contact information.
- Experience, including those helping to run the program
- A program description
- How will this program enrich the education students already receive? What are the program goals and how will they be accomplished?
- How might this program help keep kids in school, lead to interest in postsecondary educational enrollment, build character and prosocial skills.
- What time period would you like to teach this program. (See schedule for available time slots)
- How will you promote this program to encourage students to participate? How many students do you estimate will participate? What is your maximum number of kids in each session?
- What are the barriers to participation and how will you address them?
- What is the cost of the program and how much of that cost are you requesting from TSD/TVEF a budget that includes supplies, wages and any other expenses. (Max. salary is $20/hour)
- Please show how this proposal enlists local support. This may be in the form of volunteers (or parents) to help run/teach the program and/or businesses to help support the program (financially, with supplies, lab space, etc.)
- Matched funds. Are you able to collaborate with other community members, groups, nonprofits, businesses or other groups that might help your program budget and resources?
- How will you measure the program’s success?
- Evaluation and progress report
For those programs chosen, a progress report, including photos, will be due from afterschool program by June 15, 2013 and evaluated before further funding for the next year will be awarded.
Matching Requirements: Preference will be given to programs that have matching support, either financial, through volunteers or both.
Deadline: Proposals will be accepted until December 7, 2012. Please mail or email to:
Teton School District
Attn: Jenna Beck
PO Box 775
Driggs, ID 83422
Notification:The proposals will be reviewed, accepted and awarded through feedback provided by the Teton School District administrative staff. Afterschool recipients will be notified of proposals by December 12, 2012